PRIVACY PROTECTION INFORMATION
The Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988 and the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000, with the associated National Privacy Principles, empower and regulate Fair Go Finance in its collection of information about you, both from you and from other sources such as credit reporting agencies, your referees, real estate agents, your bankers, past or present employers, any other business organisation that may have information relevant to your application for funds and from any publicly available source of information. These Acts also regulate the use of such information.
Please read carefully before signing any documentation.
USE OF INFORMATION
Fair Go Finance collects personal credit information only for the following purposes:
- to assess any application for funds by you;
- to assess your financial circumstances;
- to help us process your application for funds in an efficient manner;
- to avoid the chance you may default on your Loan Contract obligations;
- to notify you of a default;
- to notify other credit providers of a default;
- to facilitate the collection of overdue payments; and
- efficiently manage and administer all services we provide to you.
This information can include any information about your credit worthiness, credit standing, credit history or credit capacity that funds providers and credit reporting agencies are allowed to give to, or receive from each other under the Privacy Act 1988.
This information is accessed only as required by Fair Go Finance employees, professional advisers, contractors and other service providers, to facilitate the above purposes. Fair Go Finance will not sell, rent or trade your personal information.
For the purposes of assessing my / our application, Fair Go Finance has informed me / us that it may obtain certain personal information about me / us from any third party named in my / our application including real estate agents and my / our employers.
We assume that any referral to third parties that you may give us, in order to obtain your personal and other information, will have been with the agreement and knowledge of the third parties involved and that you will have made them aware of the purposes and use of such information, prior to our contacting them.
INFORMATION DISCLOSURE TO CREDIT REPORTING AGENCIES
You are informed that, under Section 18 (E)(1) and 8 (c) of the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988, a funds provider may disclose your credit information to a credit reporting agency for the following purposes:
- To obtain a consumer credit report about you, and/or
- To allow the credit reporting agency to create or maintain a credit information file containing information about you.
INFORMATION DISCLOSURE TO OTHER FUNDS PROVIDERS
Under Section 18N(1)(b) and 18N(1)(g), Privacy Act 1988, we may disclose your personal information to:
- our external service providers and their agents that provide business services to us on a confidential basis, only for the purpose of our business;
- any complaints body to which a complaint, relating to a particular service we provide to you, is referred;
- any court or tribunal as may be required by law.
The information disclosed to the above is limited to (if applicable):
- Identity particulars – your name, sex, address (and previous two addresses), date of birth, name of employer and drivers’ licence number.
- Your application for funds – the fact that you have applied for funds and the amount.
- The fact that Fair Go Finance is a current provider of funds to you.
- Payments which are overdue and for which debt collection has been instigated.
- Advice that your payments are no longer overdue, in respect of any default that has been listed.
- Information that, in the opinion of Fair Go Finance, you have committed a serious infringement (i.e. you have been fraudulent or shown an intention not to comply with your Loan Contract obligations).
- Dishonoured cheques – cheques drawn by you for $100 or more, which have been dishonoured more than once.
- Direct Debit transactions that have been dishonoured.
- That funds provided to you, by Fair Go Finance, have been paid or otherwise discharged.
PERIOD TO WHICH THIS UNDERSTANDING APPLIES.
This information may be given before, during or after the term of the personal loan.
ACCESS TO COMMERCIAL CREDIT INFORMATION UNDER SECTION 18L(4) AND 18K(1)(B), PRIVACY ACT 1988
In order to assess an application for commercial funds, Fair Go Finance will need to obtain a report containing information about your commercial activities and/or commercial worthiness, from a business which provides information about the commercial credit worthiness of persons.
INFORMATION DISCLOSURE IN THE EVENT OF A DEFAULT OF YOUR LOAN CONTRACT & GOODS MORTGAGE
In the event of any default of the Loan Contract entered into in association with Fair Go Finance, any information provided by you shall be made available to authorised personnel employed by the solicitors and/or debt collection agencies, authorised by Fair Go Finance, in the process of recovery of the balance outstanding under the Loan Contract, plus fees and charges and all legal and administrative costs incurred, as detailed in the Transaction Advice, following the default.
CONCERNS AND COMPLAINTS
If you have any privacy issues, during the term of your Loan Contract, please contact The Privacy Officer, Fair Go Finance, PO Box 4161, Mandurah North LPO, WA 6210 or telephone 1300 898 121.